True Love at the Lonely Hearts Bookshop by Anne Darling
Please sign in so that we can notify you about a reply
- It's a truth universally acknowledged that a single woman in possession of a good job, four bossy sisters, and a needy cat must also have want of her one true love. Or is it?
- Another delightful novel from the author of The Little Bookshop of Lonely Hearts. Perfect for fans of Lucy Diamond and Jenny Colgan
- Verity Love Jane Austen fangirl, manager of Londons first romance-only bookshop Happy Ever, and an introvert in a world of extroverts is perfectly happy on her own (thank you very much), and quite happy hiding in the office and lying to her friends about her fictional boyfriend Peter, whose presence is very useful for getting her out of social events.
- But when a case of mistaken identity forces her to introduce a perfect stranger as her boyfriend, Verity's life suddenly becomes much more complicated.
- Because Peter is actually Johnny, and he too could use a fictional girlfriend. So against her better judgment and because she can't stand sitting on the sad singles table, Verity and Johnny decide to partner up for a summer season of weddings, big number birthdays, and garden parties, culminating in her sister's Big Fat Wedding.
- And by the end of the summer, there's a bad case of heartache that even Verity's beloved Pride And Prejudice might not be able to cure
No posts found